Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's a New Year

Well, 2015 has arrived, and I feel as if I'm turning a major corner in my writing career.  Toward that end, I've put together my writing mission statement for this year.  I think this process will help me focus and direct my writing endeavors this year.  My intent is to live this mission this year and then evaluate it come December 2015.  I'm ready for a new writing adventure:



Sara Etgen-Baker
Writing Mission Statement (January 2015)
To share wisdom and insight of the hero and heroine within through writing memoirs, personal narratives, short stories, and novels. 

  • I commit to writing a minimum of four days a week (from 3 pm to 7 pm).

  • I commit to reading writing-related articles and books in order to improve my craft.

  • I commit to writing a chapter in my novel (Dillehay Crossing) every six weeks.
  • I commit to writing either one memoir, narrative, or short story every quarter and submitting to an appropriate contest
  • I commit to regularly receiving feedback and criticism on my writing.
  • I commit to developing a network of editors, fellow writers, and writing professional

  • I commit to regularly sharing my writing pieces or writing journey on my blog. 

  • I commit to recording my writing objectives and progress in my daily calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment