Monday, February 4, 2013

Seasons of My Life


Three years ago I retired from the teaching profession and embarked on a journey--a journey toward writerhood.  At first I was uncomfortable calling myself a writer.  Now some three years later, I happily embrace being a writer.  Although I knew very little about being a published writer, I learned to explore and risk and step out on faith.   My husband provided me with much needed love and support and here I am a published writer working on my first novel.   
Now I must embark on another aspect of my writing journey and become tech saavy, hence the reason for this blog.  I hope to use it to share my thoughts and stories with you.  Thanks for sharing the journey with me.  I appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you!  Sara Etgen-Baker
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara: I just wrote you this super long comment. But your blog doesn't support my open id and I lost it. The jest was, keep up the good work. It can pay off. After the Valentine's post I wrote, a local reporter saw it and wrote a story for the Statesman Journal. Two Portland news stations also came and taped stories. It grew and grew. Awesome. Anyway, I don't know how you even substitute and write. It seems like I have a huge to-do list all the time. And the blog (although I know it is helpful for a writing life) is a lot of work. Good luck with your blog. I'll sign how I'd like it to appear on the open id. I plan to follow you when I can. Linda Atwell-http://outoneear.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda--thanks for your comment. Sometimes I, too, don't know how to juggle working and the many aspects of writing. Sometimes my stories keep me awake at night as does the impending deadlines. I suppose I'm fueled by desire. Anyway, thanks for understanding. See you in cyberspace, Sara

    ReplyDelete